Sounds dry, but it isn't. Not at all. Made me appreciate and return to Henry V my least favorite Shakespeare play.

Powerful stuff. I've never liked verse novels before, but I"ll read anything Williams writes. Turns out I love this one. I'll have to read Ellen Hopkins now.

True story about a tiger who drags a mattress outside of a hunter's cabin, sits on it and waits for him. Tigers are scary.
I'm hoping for twenty more years of reading Hitchens. May he survive his cancer of the oesophagus.
Used a story from this for the opening of my church talk. When sugar was first introduced to the new world, only the rich could afford it. Consequently only the rich had black teeth. So the poor artificially colored theirs.
Took me awhile to get into it but the ending is top notch.
This is kind of a cheat since I read it ten years ago. This time it felt different. Back then it was a slog. Now it is one of my favorite books. I didn't realize Jane Austin was so funny. Next year I will read all five of her other books.
Now my favorite Shakespeare comedy. Unless you consider Henry the IV a comedy, in which case it is my second favorite.
Wonderful.This should be a classic and talked about at least as much as One Flew Over the CooCoo's Nest. But until I saw the trailer to the new movie I didn't even know it was a book. What other masterpieces have I never heard of?
7 comments:
I love Jane Austen's Persuasion. I think, hands down, it is my favorite book of hers. Amazingly enough, I saw True Grit at Costco the other day and was also surprised it was a book. I haven't been reading as much as I did last year. I am still halfway through Catching Fire. I'm kind of irritated they are going back into the games so my excitement to read it has waned.
I loved Catching Fire. My favorite of the series.
You've got to read True Grit. It is fantastic.
I love James Shapiro. Do you still not like Henry 5 after seeing the Kenneth Branagh film version? My students love it.
I love Branaugh's Henry the V. I even like the Olivier version that I saw this year.
I'm just such a fan of Henry the IV that I've never had much enthusiasm for King Henry V when he isn't bantering with Falstaff or fighting Hotspur.
That said, after reading Shapiro and I re-read Henry the V and kind of fell in love with it. Still not my favorite but it is genius.
burberry outlet, prada outlet, oakley sunglasses, burberry outlet, coach outlet store online, christian louboutin, louis vuitton outlet stores, tory burch outlet, louboutin shoes, longchamp outlet, air max, coach purses, polo ralph lauren, oakley sunglasses cheap, louis vuitton handbags, nike free, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, coach factory outlet, michael kors outlet, ray ban sunglasses, air max, michael kors outlet, ray ban sunglasses, true religion jeans, tiffany and co, chanel handbags, tiffany and co, longchamp handbags, michael kors outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, kate spade outlet, louboutin outlet, louboutin, true religion jeans, coach outlet, kate spade handbags, michael kors outlet online sale, louis vuitton outlet, jordan shoes, nike shoes, longchamp handbags, louis vuitton, gucci outlet, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet
louboutin, converse shoes, ralph lauren, thomas sabo, pandora charms, moncler, rolex watches, pandora charms, louis vuitton, canada goose, moncler, juicy couture outlet, moncler, air max, parajumpers, ugg, juicy couture outlet, links of london, ray ban, montre homme, timberland boots, coach outlet store online, wedding dresses, moncler outlet, ugg, converse, canada goose, moncler, hollister, hollister, supra shoes, pandora jewelry, oakley, swarovski crystal, baseball bats, karen millen, iphone 6 cases, moncler, hollister clothing store, air max, gucci, swarovski, moncler, vans, toms shoes, lancel
Post a Comment