Tuesday, 31 March 2009

Carol Lynch Williams' new book

My favorite college teacher Carol Lynch Williams has a new book out in May. Any new Carol Lynch Williams book is a reason to rejoice but this one is especially exciting. The book has garnered an impressive list of blurbs including Meg "Princess Diaries" Cabot and Gregory "Wicked" Maguire. http://us.macmillan.com/thechosenone

I'm especially excited because the book sounds suspenseful. Carol normally writes funny and sweet slice of life type books but she also writes excellent suspense. My favorite thing she's ever written is an unpublished novel (I'm embarrassed I can't remember the name, I read it about 5 years ago) that takes place in one evening and is a real lean, tense piece of work. I'm surprised it hasn't been published and I hope it is soon.

And yes, I am bragging that I've read an unpublished Carol Lynch Williams novel.

I think all eight of the readers of this blog should purchase The Chosen One when it comes out.

7 comments:

Carol said...

Dear Bryan-
What a very nice thing to say about your old teacher. And you will be happy to know that the pbulishers of "The Chosen One" bought the book you're talking about.

To the Eight Blog Readers: Bryan is a wonderful writer. Really. His writing is hilarious and touching. I can't wait for his books-- a funny/scary novel (vampire stuff before vampires were ummmm, I'll not say another word) and a tortilla novel (yes it is about that, I swear!) are published.

Are you writing YA novels still, Bryan? Hmmm?

Carol

Jacks said...

Well, I shall have to check out The Chosen One.

As for your manuscripts, Bryan, I always wanted to read them..... are you still keeping them to yourself? Because I really like tortillas.

The Hillbilly Banjo Queen: said...

Yeah, Bryan. Let's read those bad boys. I didn't know you were working on your own books. You have my full attention. If you need someone to read them....

Yeah, that's a hint.

Bryan Summers said...

Thanks Carol.

I'm very happy to know that the publishers bought the book. That is great news.

The last year or so, I started a novel but it spluttered out. I'm starting a new YA novel this week, actually.

oakleyses said...

burberry outlet, prada outlet, oakley sunglasses, burberry outlet, coach outlet store online, christian louboutin, louis vuitton outlet stores, tory burch outlet, louboutin shoes, longchamp outlet, air max, coach purses, polo ralph lauren, oakley sunglasses cheap, louis vuitton handbags, nike free, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, coach factory outlet, michael kors outlet, ray ban sunglasses, air max, michael kors outlet, ray ban sunglasses, true religion jeans, tiffany and co, chanel handbags, tiffany and co, longchamp handbags, michael kors outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, kate spade outlet, louboutin outlet, louboutin, true religion jeans, coach outlet, kate spade handbags, michael kors outlet online sale, louis vuitton outlet, jordan shoes, nike shoes, longchamp handbags, louis vuitton, gucci outlet, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet

oakleyses said...

ugg boots, ugg boots, north face outlet, nfl jerseys, uggs, canada goose, p90x, mont blanc, ugg, ghd, lululemon outlet, soccer shoes, birkin bag, ugg pas cher, ugg boots clearance, marc jacobs, chi flat iron, babyliss pro, giuseppe zanotti, canada goose jackets, canada goose outlet, canada goose uk, beats by dre, herve leger, north face jackets, ugg australia, nike roshe run, valentino shoes, mac cosmetics, vans shoes, ferragamo shoes, reebok outlet, wedding dresses, uggs outlet, jimmy choo outlet, rolex watches, insanity workout, new balance shoes, mcm handbags, abercrombie and fitch, asics running shoes, instyler, canada goose, celine handbags, canada goose, soccer jerseys, bottega veneta

oakleyses said...

louboutin, converse shoes, ralph lauren, thomas sabo, pandora charms, moncler, rolex watches, pandora charms, louis vuitton, canada goose, moncler, juicy couture outlet, moncler, air max, parajumpers, ugg, juicy couture outlet, links of london, ray ban, montre homme, timberland boots, coach outlet store online, wedding dresses, moncler outlet, ugg, converse, canada goose, moncler, hollister, hollister, supra shoes, pandora jewelry, oakley, swarovski crystal, baseball bats, karen millen, iphone 6 cases, moncler, hollister clothing store, air max, gucci, swarovski, moncler, vans, toms shoes, lancel