Tuesday, 2 June 2009

Thursday - The Flight

1. Why do they sell Playboys and Penthouses at the airport bookstores? Does anyone actually read those on the plane? I read Rolling Stone on the flight from Yuma to LA and was embarrassed that my seatmates might accidentally see some of the salacious pictures. I can't imagine having the guts to read a Penthouse. Maybe they are for the pilots.

2. I think my flight attendant from Yuma to LA was Mormon. She spoke in the sing song that Relief Society Presidents used to have in the eighties. When it was time to descend she said, "I have very exciting news." I was charmed. Good job United, usually your flight attendants seem overwork and harried.

3. I took the subway from the airport to the hotel in order to save money. I ended up saving only 7 dollars. I should have taken the shuttle.

4. While brushing my teeth I looked out the bathroom window and saw the bottom half of the Empire State Building, half a block away.

5. In New York, steam really does come out of the grates. I thought that was only in Martin Scorsese movies.

6. I fell asleep at 1:30 am after watching Bill Maher and a few other things. I was still on Yuma time. I would be for the next four days.

4 comments:

Clin A. Eaton said...

Yay! I've been anxiously awaiting your New York trip postings. Now you and Melissa have to come with us in June of 2010. We'll have a great time.

Bryan Summers said...

We would love to come in 2010. I want to do an actual New York trip, seeing a lot of shows and eating good food. I was so cash strapped and so bone tired after walking around all day at the convention that I didn't get to do much in New York.

oakleyses said...

burberry outlet, prada outlet, oakley sunglasses, burberry outlet, coach outlet store online, christian louboutin, louis vuitton outlet stores, tory burch outlet, louboutin shoes, longchamp outlet, air max, coach purses, polo ralph lauren, oakley sunglasses cheap, louis vuitton handbags, nike free, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, coach factory outlet, michael kors outlet, ray ban sunglasses, air max, michael kors outlet, ray ban sunglasses, true religion jeans, tiffany and co, chanel handbags, tiffany and co, longchamp handbags, michael kors outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, kate spade outlet, louboutin outlet, louboutin, true religion jeans, coach outlet, kate spade handbags, michael kors outlet online sale, louis vuitton outlet, jordan shoes, nike shoes, longchamp handbags, louis vuitton, gucci outlet, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet

oakleyses said...

ugg boots, ugg boots, north face outlet, nfl jerseys, uggs, canada goose, p90x, mont blanc, ugg, ghd, lululemon outlet, soccer shoes, birkin bag, ugg pas cher, ugg boots clearance, marc jacobs, chi flat iron, babyliss pro, giuseppe zanotti, canada goose jackets, canada goose outlet, canada goose uk, beats by dre, herve leger, north face jackets, ugg australia, nike roshe run, valentino shoes, mac cosmetics, vans shoes, ferragamo shoes, reebok outlet, wedding dresses, uggs outlet, jimmy choo outlet, rolex watches, insanity workout, new balance shoes, mcm handbags, abercrombie and fitch, asics running shoes, instyler, canada goose, celine handbags, canada goose, soccer jerseys, bottega veneta