My oldest child starts school today. This morning, at 6 am, when he tried to climb into my bed, I carried him back to his room and said, "Hey Eli, you start school today."
He was too tired to respond.
But saying the words brought back a flood of memories. Of waking up early on a cold November morning and sitting on the heater. Of standing at the bus stop. Of playing tag at the school playground. Of accidentally using the girl's bathroom and coming out to see all of my classmates standing there - when I was informed about where I'd just been, I broke down and cried in embarrassment. Of eating the lunchroom rolls. Of peeing my pants. Of field trips to the pumpkin patch.
The last five years of my sons life have been kind of a mystery, since I don't remember my first five years. I've enjoyed them, don't get me wrong, but I feel more like an anthropologist while observing my son, than a fellow traveler.
But school I remember. Eli is now experiencing what I experienced. Now I feel like Eli and I are sharing the same life experiences.
Thursday, 6 September 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
ugg boots, ugg boots, north face outlet, nfl jerseys, uggs, canada goose, p90x, mont blanc, ugg, ghd, lululemon outlet, soccer shoes, birkin bag, ugg pas cher, ugg boots clearance, marc jacobs, chi flat iron, babyliss pro, giuseppe zanotti, canada goose jackets, canada goose outlet, canada goose uk, beats by dre, herve leger, north face jackets, ugg australia, nike roshe run, valentino shoes, mac cosmetics, vans shoes, ferragamo shoes, reebok outlet, wedding dresses, uggs outlet, jimmy choo outlet, rolex watches, insanity workout, new balance shoes, mcm handbags, abercrombie and fitch, asics running shoes, instyler, canada goose, celine handbags, canada goose, soccer jerseys, bottega veneta
louboutin, converse shoes, ralph lauren, thomas sabo, pandora charms, moncler, rolex watches, pandora charms, louis vuitton, canada goose, moncler, juicy couture outlet, moncler, air max, parajumpers, ugg, juicy couture outlet, links of london, ray ban, montre homme, timberland boots, coach outlet store online, wedding dresses, moncler outlet, ugg, converse, canada goose, moncler, hollister, hollister, supra shoes, pandora jewelry, oakley, swarovski crystal, baseball bats, karen millen, iphone 6 cases, moncler, hollister clothing store, air max, gucci, swarovski, moncler, vans, toms shoes, lancel
Post a Comment