Thursday, 13 September 2007

Movies I saw in Eastern Turkey

Movies I saw in Eastern Turkey
It was so flipping hot in Turkey that every midday I would either go back to my hotel room for a nap or go see a movie.The movies I saw were Ocean's 13, Breach, The Hitcher, Shooter, Zodiac and Bug. I would have seen Shrek 3 and Pirates of the Caribean 3 but they were in Turkish. The Hills Have Eyes part 2 didn't come out till the weekend after I went home.

At the end of the movies, they shut off the projector without showing the end credits. I didn't get to see the ending of Zodiac where it tells what happened to all of the characters.

Ocean's 13 came out in Turkey the same weekend it came out in the United States.

In the city of Batman, the movie theater would only show a film if there were three audience members. So every day that week I'd go to the theater to see Breach and every day they would turn me away. Finally they showed pity on me. I'm glad they did. It was a good movie.

I wanted to go to a movie in Northern Iraq but all of the theaters had closed down a long time ago. Everybody has satellite and/or pirated DVDs.

You could buy a disc that contained five movies. Usually they followed a theme, such as a Steven Spielberg disc with the movies: Saving Private Ryan, 1941, Jaws, Jaws 2 and Jaws 3. My favorite disc I found, and I wish I'd have bought it contained both Tristam Shandy and some third rate horrible slasher film called The Pumpkin Slayer or something like that.

3 comments:

oakleyses said...

vburberry outlet, prada outlet, oakley sunglasses, burberry outlet, coach outlet store online, christian louboutin, louis vuitton outlet stores, tory burch outlet, louboutin shoes, longchamp outlet, air max, coach purses, polo ralph lauren, oakley sunglasses cheap, louis vuitton handbags, nike free, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, coach factory outlet, michael kors outlet, ray ban sunglasses, air max, michael kors outlet, ray ban sunglasses, true religion jeans, tiffany and co, chanel handbags, tiffany and co, longchamp handbags, michael kors outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, kate spade outlet, louboutin outlet, louboutin, true religion jeans, coach outlet, kate spade handbags, michael kors outlet online sale, louis vuitton outlet, jordan shoes, nike shoes, longchamp handbags, louis vuitton, gucci outlet, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet

oakleyses said...

ugg boots, ugg boots, north face outlet, nfl jerseys, uggs, canada goose, p90x, mont blanc, ugg, ghd, lululemon outlet, soccer shoes, birkin bag, ugg pas cher, ugg boots clearance, marc jacobs, chi flat iron, babyliss pro, giuseppe zanotti, canada goose jackets, canada goose outlet, canada goose uk, beats by dre, herve leger, north face jackets, ugg australia, nike roshe run, valentino shoes, mac cosmetics, vans shoes, ferragamo shoes, reebok outlet, wedding dresses, uggs outlet, jimmy choo outlet, rolex watches, insanity workout, new balance shoes, mcm handbags, abercrombie and fitch, asics running shoes, instyler, canada goose, celine handbags, canada goose, soccer jerseys, bottega veneta

oakleyses said...

louboutin, converse shoes, ralph lauren, thomas sabo, pandora charms, moncler, rolex watches, pandora charms, louis vuitton, canada goose, moncler, juicy couture outlet, moncler, air max, parajumpers, ugg, juicy couture outlet, links of london, ray ban, montre homme, timberland boots, coach outlet store online, wedding dresses, moncler outlet, ugg, converse, canada goose, moncler, hollister, hollister, supra shoes, pandora jewelry, oakley, swarovski crystal, baseball bats, karen millen, iphone 6 cases, moncler, hollister clothing store, air max, gucci, swarovski, moncler, vans, toms shoes, lancel