Saturday, 27 October 2007

What I saw and read October 22 - 28

Books:


1.Six Bad Things by Charlie Huston
I loved this. Funny and fast. If you like noir books, read this.

2. Invasive Procedures by Aaron Johnston and Orson Scott Card
I enjoyed it.

Movies:

1. Barton Fink
Not my favorite Coen Brother's movie but the detectives are hilarious.

2. Evan Almighty
This was a huge surprise. I thought I might be mildly amused at best, but I really got into it. I loved this movie.

3. Galaxy Quest

I think this is a perfect movie.

TV:

1. Inside Saddam's Reign of Terror
National Geographic special
2. The Office
3. How I Met Your Mother
This show cracked me up. I can't believe I haven't seen it before. I will definitely keep watching.
4. The Soup
5. Meet the Press
6. Aliens in America
Somebody told me this was like Freaks and Geeks. No. Freaks and Geeks is ultra-ultra real. They never sacrifice a true moment for a joke. Aliens in America is more like Malcolm in the Middle. Pretty good, but the characters are pretty cartoonish. Maybe I just saw a weak episode. I'll try it again. Every joke seemed like it would be funny. I bet if I saw it on a script page I'd crack up, but for some reason the episode didn't do it for me.
7. 30 Rock

4 comments:

Jacks said...

I saw Evan Almighty last night. I thought it was boring and not very funny. A bit predictable.

Perhaps this is because I kept comparing Steve Carell in this to his performance in Dan in Real Life. Which was more real and more funny. Better writing too - go see it!

Bryan Summers said...

Yeah, I don't know what happened with Evan Almighty. Every once in a while I see a film that just knocks me out, while everyone one I respect either is tepid in their praise or just didn't like it.

It's embarrassing.

I also really liked the new Wicker Man.

We'll definitely go see Dan in Real Life.

oakleyses said...

burberry outlet, prada outlet, oakley sunglasses, burberry outlet, coach outlet store online, christian louboutin, louis vuitton outlet stores, tory burch outlet, louboutin shoes, longchamp outlet, air max, coach purses, polo ralph lauren, oakley sunglasses cheap, louis vuitton handbags, nike free, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, coach factory outlet, michael kors outlet, ray ban sunglasses, air max, michael kors outlet, ray ban sunglasses, true religion jeans, tiffany and co, chanel handbags, tiffany and co, longchamp handbags, michael kors outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, kate spade outlet, louboutin outlet, louboutin, true religion jeans, coach outlet, kate spade handbags, michael kors outlet online sale, louis vuitton outlet, jordan shoes, nike shoes, longchamp handbags, louis vuitton, gucci outlet, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet

oakleyses said...

louboutin, converse shoes, ralph lauren, thomas sabo, pandora charms, moncler, rolex watches, pandora charms, louis vuitton, canada goose, moncler, juicy couture outlet, moncler, air max, parajumpers, ugg, juicy couture outlet, links of london, ray ban, montre homme, timberland boots, coach outlet store online, wedding dresses, moncler outlet, ugg, converse, canada goose, moncler, hollister, hollister, supra shoes, pandora jewelry, oakley, swarovski crystal, baseball bats, karen millen, iphone 6 cases, moncler, hollister clothing store, air max, gucci, swarovski, moncler, vans, toms shoes, lancel