Tuesday, 28 April 2009

Glucose Test/ Stephen Tyler/ T-Rex clap/ Deadly Pandemics

1. "If you're ever shot or stabbed you won't have to worry about bleeding to death," a nurse said to me after milking my finger in order to get a drop of blood for my glucose test. They had to prick three of my fingers.

2. At the Book Expo of America opening gala, Stephen Tyler from Aerosmith and some guy from the E-Street band will be interviewed by one of my favorite authors, Chuck Klosterman. I would be very excited except that I won't land in New York until a half hour after the opening gala is over.

3. If you are ever a Den Chief for a cub scout pack and you have to do one of those corny claps, I came up with a good one for our dinosaur themed pack meeting. A T-Rex clap. Have the audience put their hands up like a T-rex, close to their chest and try to clap. The hands can't connect. It got a good laugh.

4. 5 deadliest pandemics in history.
http://www.neatorama.com/2009/04/27/5-deadliest-pandemics-in-history/ (I thought of doing a Swine-Flu Clap at the pack meeting last night but didn't. Bad taste.)