1. I got a horrible cold last night. I'll only be working half the day. My co-worker is just getting over it. She's had it for a week.
2. This is my new favorite website. http://www.sleepinginairports.net/ . It is a review and guide for sleeping in airports. I've slept in the Los Angeles, London - Heathrow, London- Gatwick and London - Stansted airports. My favorite is Stansted since there were so many other people sleeping. It had a real camping-out feel. All the chairs were taken so I had to sleep on the floor with my backpack as a pillow.
Gatwick was nice also, they kept the lights low. I wasn't crazy about Heathrow since I couldn't find chairs without armrests, I only got about 2 1/2 hours of sleep, but I had a great Nelson Demille book, Wild Fire to read.
I wish I'd known about this website so I could find the comfortable areas. I might be spending the night in Chicago O'hare airport later this year and you bet I'll study up.
Friday, 17 April 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I slept in the Houston/Dallas airport in 2007. It was unpleasant. The only thing open was McDonalds. I gave my cot to a woman and her small infant. I then got a flight the next day to Jackson Hole- my brother picked me up and then I had to take a shuttle with the elderly to Salt Lake to be picked up by Jackie. Ellis was blessed the next day. Not fun.
That's interesting. There should be a site like that for college campuses. There is tons of sleeping on campus. I had places I would always go.
ugg boots, ugg boots, north face outlet, nfl jerseys, uggs, canada goose, p90x, mont blanc, ugg, ghd, lululemon outlet, soccer shoes, birkin bag, ugg pas cher, ugg boots clearance, marc jacobs, chi flat iron, babyliss pro, giuseppe zanotti, canada goose jackets, canada goose outlet, canada goose uk, beats by dre, herve leger, north face jackets, ugg australia, nike roshe run, valentino shoes, mac cosmetics, vans shoes, ferragamo shoes, reebok outlet, wedding dresses, uggs outlet, jimmy choo outlet, rolex watches, insanity workout, new balance shoes, mcm handbags, abercrombie and fitch, asics running shoes, instyler, canada goose, celine handbags, canada goose, soccer jerseys, bottega veneta
louboutin, converse shoes, ralph lauren, thomas sabo, pandora charms, moncler, rolex watches, pandora charms, louis vuitton, canada goose, moncler, juicy couture outlet, moncler, air max, parajumpers, ugg, juicy couture outlet, links of london, ray ban, montre homme, timberland boots, coach outlet store online, wedding dresses, moncler outlet, ugg, converse, canada goose, moncler, hollister, hollister, supra shoes, pandora jewelry, oakley, swarovski crystal, baseball bats, karen millen, iphone 6 cases, moncler, hollister clothing store, air max, gucci, swarovski, moncler, vans, toms shoes, lancel
Post a Comment