Saturday, 9 May 2009

Camp out/ Dead catfish

1. Took Eli on the father son campout. It was too hot to make a fire, so we sat around an empty fire pit. One of the fathers caught a huge scorpion and put it in a bucket. Eli and I did a little fishing but we didn't catch anything. But they were biting. They bit the worm off the hook 12 times. I think I'm putting the worm on the hook wrong.

2. Around the corner, half a block from our house is a giant dead catfish on the sidewalk. It has been sitting there for 4 days. I wonder why nobody has complained. Probably because it is too hot to walk, so nobody is on the sidewalk, nobody has smelled it and the only people that see it are in air-conditioned cars. It's easy to forget about till you drive by it again. And again. And again. I should call someone.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you ever go to failblog.org? It makes me laugh so much.

Bryan Summers said...

I love failblog.org. I think it might be my favorite website. Failblog.org and cracked.com.

Also I'm in the middle of Generation Kill. It is awesome.

Jacks said...

why can't you throw the catfish in the garbage? Why do you have to call someone to take care of it? They aren't very large are they? And why is a catfish on the sidewalk? How do you know it is a catfish? I don't think I know how to tell a catfish from a normal fish.

Bryan Summers said...

Catfish have big whiskers. That's how you can tell the difference.

It's pretty big. 21 /2 or 3 feet. Really fat also.

And I'd be happy to throw the catfish away myself but I'd probably die of heat stroke walking the fish to the garbage can. (I'm not putting that thing in my car.) And also, I don't want it stinking up my garbage can. If it is still there in November I'll pick it up and throw it away.

I don't know why it's on the sidewalk. It's weird. We're pretty close to a canal, but why would somebody carry it that far and just leave it.

Also it's tied with yellow rope to a board. Like I say. It's a mystery.

The Hillbilly Banjo Queen: said...

Someone couldn't afford one of those talking fish you hang above your mantel and got the idea to make their own with a catfish but then got heatstroke just after tying the fish to the board and the ambulance came and took the person away to the hospital but left the fish because they only take people in the ambulance.

Or....

Tying a catfish to a board is someone's secret code for something. It means what it means.

oakleyses said...

burberry outlet, prada outlet, oakley sunglasses, burberry outlet, coach outlet store online, christian louboutin, louis vuitton outlet stores, tory burch outlet, louboutin shoes, longchamp outlet, air max, coach purses, polo ralph lauren, oakley sunglasses cheap, louis vuitton handbags, nike free, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, coach factory outlet, michael kors outlet, ray ban sunglasses, air max, michael kors outlet, ray ban sunglasses, true religion jeans, tiffany and co, chanel handbags, tiffany and co, longchamp handbags, michael kors outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, kate spade outlet, louboutin outlet, louboutin, true religion jeans, coach outlet, kate spade handbags, michael kors outlet online sale, louis vuitton outlet, jordan shoes, nike shoes, longchamp handbags, louis vuitton, gucci outlet, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet

oakleyses said...

louboutin, converse shoes, ralph lauren, thomas sabo, pandora charms, moncler, rolex watches, pandora charms, louis vuitton, canada goose, moncler, juicy couture outlet, moncler, air max, parajumpers, ugg, juicy couture outlet, links of london, ray ban, montre homme, timberland boots, coach outlet store online, wedding dresses, moncler outlet, ugg, converse, canada goose, moncler, hollister, hollister, supra shoes, pandora jewelry, oakley, swarovski crystal, baseball bats, karen millen, iphone 6 cases, moncler, hollister clothing store, air max, gucci, swarovski, moncler, vans, toms shoes, lancel