1. In a comment thread yesterday my friend Ben wrote:
"So you have talked about this movie so much I went and watched the trailer. I'm just wondering why you want to see it soooo bad. I mean it doesn't look any different than any other scary movie. Are you joking when you say you want to see it so bad?"
No, I am not joking. Drag Me to Hell is the movie event of the year for me. (Besides Pixar's Up. Which I want to see almost as much.) Here are the reasons:
a) Sam Raimi is directing. He directed the Spiderman movies, which I like a lot. But even more exciting, he directed Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness. Two horror movies that I love. They are the perfect mix of funny and scary. Especially Evil Dead 2. If it's ever on TV, I watch till the end. I can't help it. (I was slow in my appreciation. The first time I saw Evil Dead 2 I thought it was just okay, but I kept thinking of parts and the next time I saw it I was hooked.)
b) A lot of horror fans were very worried that Drag Me to Hell was rated PG-13 and thus lame. They like their horror rated R. But when it played at the South by Southwest film festival, the fans thought it was amazing. The right mixture of scares and roller coaster ride. So even though it is PG-13 it is still loved by grizzled horror film fans.
c) It's PG-13 so I can screen it at the library next Halloween.
2. Tonight is the ward father and son campout. I don't think I will be able to sleep because Yuma is so dang hot. Will bring a flashlight and a book. I couldn't sleep last night in my house with a fan and air conditioning - had to watch Invasion of the Body Snatchers at 1 am.
3) Of this food art,
http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2009/04/pasta-monster-and-other-strange-food.html
my favorite is the eggs http://nocturnalmoth.deviantart.com/gallery/#EGGS-and-PILLS .
But all the pictures are good.
Friday, 8 May 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Did you survive the night? I hope so...
It was a great night. I loved it. Had a lot of fun. Made me realize I need to go camping more often.
I saw the trailer to Drag Me To Hell and you couldn't pay me to watch it. It looks like it haunt me for days.
burberry outlet, prada outlet, oakley sunglasses, burberry outlet, coach outlet store online, christian louboutin, louis vuitton outlet stores, tory burch outlet, louboutin shoes, longchamp outlet, air max, coach purses, polo ralph lauren, oakley sunglasses cheap, louis vuitton handbags, nike free, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, coach factory outlet, michael kors outlet, ray ban sunglasses, air max, michael kors outlet, ray ban sunglasses, true religion jeans, tiffany and co, chanel handbags, tiffany and co, longchamp handbags, michael kors outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, kate spade outlet, louboutin outlet, louboutin, true religion jeans, coach outlet, kate spade handbags, michael kors outlet online sale, louis vuitton outlet, jordan shoes, nike shoes, longchamp handbags, louis vuitton, gucci outlet, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet
ugg boots, ugg boots, north face outlet, nfl jerseys, uggs, canada goose, p90x, mont blanc, ugg, ghd, lululemon outlet, soccer shoes, birkin bag, ugg pas cher, ugg boots clearance, marc jacobs, chi flat iron, babyliss pro, giuseppe zanotti, canada goose jackets, canada goose outlet, canada goose uk, beats by dre, herve leger, north face jackets, ugg australia, nike roshe run, valentino shoes, mac cosmetics, vans shoes, ferragamo shoes, reebok outlet, wedding dresses, uggs outlet, jimmy choo outlet, rolex watches, insanity workout, new balance shoes, mcm handbags, abercrombie and fitch, asics running shoes, instyler, canada goose, celine handbags, canada goose, soccer jerseys, bottega veneta
louboutin, converse shoes, ralph lauren, thomas sabo, pandora charms, moncler, rolex watches, pandora charms, louis vuitton, canada goose, moncler, juicy couture outlet, moncler, air max, parajumpers, ugg, juicy couture outlet, links of london, ray ban, montre homme, timberland boots, coach outlet store online, wedding dresses, moncler outlet, ugg, converse, canada goose, moncler, hollister, hollister, supra shoes, pandora jewelry, oakley, swarovski crystal, baseball bats, karen millen, iphone 6 cases, moncler, hollister clothing store, air max, gucci, swarovski, moncler, vans, toms shoes, lancel
Post a Comment