Thursday, 10 July 2008

Trip to Wyoming/ San Diego Comic-con / Summer Movies I Still Want to See

1. I'll only be able to stay in Wyoming at my family reunion on Sunday. Monday I fly home. Our library is moving to a new location and they need me to move boxes. Turns out that they don't need me till the 28th but neither my supervisors nor I knew that when I was asking for a couple of days off. At the time I bought the ticket we thought we'd start moving on the 21st. I wish I was staying in Wyoming.

2. There is one bright ray of sunshine to this cloud. On Thursday the 24th I will be going to the San Diego Comic-Con with my good buddy R.J. I'm very excited.

3. Summer movies I can't wait to see
Iron Man
Hellboy 2
Dark Knight
Pineapple Express
Rolling Thunder
Step Brothers
Hamlet 2

5 comments:

Jacks said...

What about exchanging your ticket? What about using the ticket for another something??? Did you check? What about just eating the ticket and staying with us? And then you would save the money that you are spending to go to Comic-Con.

Unknown said...

How much to change the ticket? lets look at this.

Bryan Summers said...

I wish I was staying in Wyoming. Not being able to stay is my biggest disappointment this year, but I just don't feel right about taking the whole week off.

The problem now is that I'm locked into a work schedule. At the same time we found out when we were moving, I was scheduled for the week previous to the move to do stuff.

We are short staffed because a lot of staff is doing pre-liminary moving activities. So for me to stay the whole week in Wyoming, other staff would have to take over my information desk and teen and late night duties, not to mention working the weekend for me. It would be a royal pain for my bosses and co-workers. (Who are already a little bit testy about having to do the move in 110 degree heat. Or so I've heard. Nobody has been testy with me.)

After I've been here for a couple of years I'll feel more comfortable requesting time off during stressful work events, but having only worked here 6 months I'm not sure I've worked up enough good will.

Next family reunion, I will have been in Yuma long enough (and we probably won't be moving libraries) that I'll have no problem taking the whole time off.

Bryan Summers said...

What is especially disappointing is that it always takes a couple of days for the family reunions to get super fun. They are always fun but after two or three days every body is comfortable and that's when the magic happens.

I'm really bummed about not being able to go.

On the bright side, it looks like we'll be leaving earlier in the day Friday than we thought, so we should be able to be in Wyoming by the 3:00 check in time.

Jacks said...

Okay - I'll quit bugging you about it. I guess you've totally made your case. It will be good to see you in general.