Monday, 9 June 2008

Deborah's cookies

Yesterday, Deborah's nursery leader informed me that in nursery they were talking about apples, cookies and other foods for the lesson. When cookies were mentioned Deborah said, "My dad eats all of my cookies."

I wasn't there, but I know what she looks like when she gets indignant. Her eyes get hugely round and her mouth hangs open. And then when someone repeats what she says to make sure he heard it correctly, she says, "Yeah," really loud and earnestly.

And technically she is kind of correct. Even though I don't really eat all of her cookies, if you were to round the number I do eat it'd be 100%.

But what really burns me up is that she didn't then tell everyone how hard her dad works every day to bring home money so she could even have cookies. She didn't explain that dad had to put his dreams in a desk drawer, and that every once in awhile he takes them out and wistfully looks at them. I don't know, it just seems that having her dad eat all her cookies is a small price to pay.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Bryan, you need to lay down the law early, or she is going to have you in the palm of her hand......

izzyku said...

Ya my kids have lost a lot of trust in me when it comes to food. I often will say things like "Holy Cow did you see that bird!!! It was the size of a small dog!!" And then they will predictably look out the window while I steal there Chicken or french bread. I felt like I was a bad dad until I read Bryan's post, but now I know that they owe it to me.

iz

The Hillbilly Banjo Queen: said...

Kids, give them an inch and...you know the rest. The nerve! At least she wasn't chatting about your regularity.

Bryan Summers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
oakleyses said...

burberry outlet, prada outlet, oakley sunglasses, burberry outlet, coach outlet store online, christian louboutin, louis vuitton outlet stores, tory burch outlet, louboutin shoes, longchamp outlet, air max, coach purses, polo ralph lauren, oakley sunglasses cheap, louis vuitton handbags, nike free, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, coach factory outlet, michael kors outlet, ray ban sunglasses, air max, michael kors outlet, ray ban sunglasses, true religion jeans, tiffany and co, chanel handbags, tiffany and co, longchamp handbags, michael kors outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, kate spade outlet, louboutin outlet, louboutin, true religion jeans, coach outlet, kate spade handbags, michael kors outlet online sale, louis vuitton outlet, jordan shoes, nike shoes, longchamp handbags, louis vuitton, gucci outlet, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet

oakleyses said...

ugg boots, ugg boots, north face outlet, nfl jerseys, uggs, canada goose, p90x, mont blanc, ugg, ghd, lululemon outlet, soccer shoes, birkin bag, ugg pas cher, ugg boots clearance, marc jacobs, chi flat iron, babyliss pro, giuseppe zanotti, canada goose jackets, canada goose outlet, canada goose uk, beats by dre, herve leger, north face jackets, ugg australia, nike roshe run, valentino shoes, mac cosmetics, vans shoes, ferragamo shoes, reebok outlet, wedding dresses, uggs outlet, jimmy choo outlet, rolex watches, insanity workout, new balance shoes, mcm handbags, abercrombie and fitch, asics running shoes, instyler, canada goose, celine handbags, canada goose, soccer jerseys, bottega veneta

oakleyses said...

louboutin, converse shoes, ralph lauren, thomas sabo, pandora charms, moncler, rolex watches, pandora charms, louis vuitton, canada goose, moncler, juicy couture outlet, moncler, air max, parajumpers, ugg, juicy couture outlet, links of london, ray ban, montre homme, timberland boots, coach outlet store online, wedding dresses, moncler outlet, ugg, converse, canada goose, moncler, hollister, hollister, supra shoes, pandora jewelry, oakley, swarovski crystal, baseball bats, karen millen, iphone 6 cases, moncler, hollister clothing store, air max, gucci, swarovski, moncler, vans, toms shoes, lancel