Friday, 20 June 2008

one year ago

A year ago I was just coming out of Iraq back into Eastern Turkey. I felt safe and comfortable, something I didn't feel for the first half of the trip.

I also felt well liked and happy as I had the entire three and a half weeks I was in the Middle East. Firstly, I was doing something I dreamed about for seven years. Secondly, people are so friendly there. Eastern Turkey and Northern Iraq are like a very high functioning Mormon ward. I'd move there in a heart beat if I could convince my wife.

If I had one wish it would be to travel around the Middle East.

Trivia: People in eastern Turkey are crazy about the Utah Jazz. I don't know about people in western Turkey. I didn't discuss basketball in Istanbul.

Here is a review to a production of A Comedy of Errors that I would love to see. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121391030231189885.html?mod=2_1168_1 Don't bother reading unless you like to read theater reviews. Jackie, I think you'll be intrigued.

5 comments:

Jacks said...

Yee-Haw! I got a shout-out on your blog.

This production looks great. Thanks!

Unknown said...

One year ago so much happened. What a great year. I miss you all.

Judy Tan said...

One year ago I was eating Turkey. Not just any Turkey, but smoked Turkey from Rudy's BBQ joint. Man, that's good Turkey. Thanks Bryan for helping me remember that. Oh, and also I ate it today for lunch, so that probably helped too. Either way, thanks!

oakleyses said...

ugg boots, ugg boots, north face outlet, nfl jerseys, uggs, canada goose, p90x, mont blanc, ugg, ghd, lululemon outlet, soccer shoes, birkin bag, ugg pas cher, ugg boots clearance, marc jacobs, chi flat iron, babyliss pro, giuseppe zanotti, canada goose jackets, canada goose outlet, canada goose uk, beats by dre, herve leger, north face jackets, ugg australia, nike roshe run, valentino shoes, mac cosmetics, vans shoes, ferragamo shoes, reebok outlet, wedding dresses, uggs outlet, jimmy choo outlet, rolex watches, insanity workout, new balance shoes, mcm handbags, abercrombie and fitch, asics running shoes, instyler, canada goose, celine handbags, canada goose, soccer jerseys, bottega veneta

oakleyses said...

louboutin, converse shoes, ralph lauren, thomas sabo, pandora charms, moncler, rolex watches, pandora charms, louis vuitton, canada goose, moncler, juicy couture outlet, moncler, air max, parajumpers, ugg, juicy couture outlet, links of london, ray ban, montre homme, timberland boots, coach outlet store online, wedding dresses, moncler outlet, ugg, converse, canada goose, moncler, hollister, hollister, supra shoes, pandora jewelry, oakley, swarovski crystal, baseball bats, karen millen, iphone 6 cases, moncler, hollister clothing store, air max, gucci, swarovski, moncler, vans, toms shoes, lancel