Wednesday, 25 June 2008

It is flipping hot, peacocks, language courses, literary feud

1. It is flipping hot.

2. At Warwick castle, peacocks walked around like they owned the place. When they fanned their tails they were kind of intimidating. So I wasn't surprised to read this. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/2193690/Peacocks-launch-attack-on-village-cars.html

They weren't quite as intimidating as the swans on the Thames. Those suckers are huge. If they ever banded together and attacked humans, we wouldn't survive. I once walked around a corner and there stood a swan four to six inches away. His beak was as tall as my chest. And he wasn't straining either. He was holding his head comfortably level. If he wanted he could have pecked me in the face. He obviously didn't want to.

I'm not kidding when I say I nearly wet myself. I was really shook up.

3. Here is a list of free on-line language courses.
http://www.bravenewtraveler.com/2008/02/04/8-free-online-resources-for-learning-a-new-language/

4. The hilarious Michael Ian Black has started a feud with the hilarious David Sedaris. He is asking for people to use photo shop David Sedaris as some sort of super villain. http://michaelianblack.typepad.com/blog/2008/06/announcing-the.html

2 comments:

oakleyses said...

burberry outlet, prada outlet, oakley sunglasses, burberry outlet, coach outlet store online, christian louboutin, louis vuitton outlet stores, tory burch outlet, louboutin shoes, longchamp outlet, air max, coach purses, polo ralph lauren, oakley sunglasses cheap, louis vuitton handbags, nike free, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, coach factory outlet, michael kors outlet, ray ban sunglasses, air max, michael kors outlet, ray ban sunglasses, true religion jeans, tiffany and co, chanel handbags, tiffany and co, longchamp handbags, michael kors outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, kate spade outlet, louboutin outlet, louboutin, true religion jeans, coach outlet, kate spade handbags, michael kors outlet online sale, louis vuitton outlet, jordan shoes, nike shoes, longchamp handbags, louis vuitton, gucci outlet, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet

oakleyses said...

louboutin, converse shoes, ralph lauren, thomas sabo, pandora charms, moncler, rolex watches, pandora charms, louis vuitton, canada goose, moncler, juicy couture outlet, moncler, air max, parajumpers, ugg, juicy couture outlet, links of london, ray ban, montre homme, timberland boots, coach outlet store online, wedding dresses, moncler outlet, ugg, converse, canada goose, moncler, hollister, hollister, supra shoes, pandora jewelry, oakley, swarovski crystal, baseball bats, karen millen, iphone 6 cases, moncler, hollister clothing store, air max, gucci, swarovski, moncler, vans, toms shoes, lancel